Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Weird problem-
I am abusing my ID/SID in SoulSilver. I have done this twice before, in HeartGold and Diamond. For some reason, when I plug my TID I get into Pandora's Box, I keep getting seemingly random results. The seconds range anywhere from 2-6 seconds off, and the delay is about 50-200 off. I am pretty experienced in 4th gen RNG so I know how to hit delays and everything. The really weird thing is, when I abused my ID in HeartGold and Diamond, this same exact thing happened to me. Yet it usually worked when I just picked a different ID to abuse for. I've done that this time, but still nowhere near getting it. What could the issue be? If more information is needed, I can provide it.
Is there any reason my post has been ignored for 4 pages?

If you're getting 2-6 seconds and 50-200 off your seconds and delay respectively, then adjust the seconds and delay on your timer by that much. Increase the delay by 50-200, and subtract 2-6 seconds off the timer.

Is there a certain trick to hitting split spreads on Emerald? I showed my friend the greatness of RNG the other day, and she got a flawless Bagon on frame 2391 in 3 tries. Now she's going for Larvitar, and I suggested frame 2285, but she won't have the 29 sp. def. Would it be wise to aim for 6274S, or should she just go for frame 15117? I know the guide says not to exactly try to hit split spreads, but I've noticed in the Discuss My Pokemon thread there are quite a few 31/31/31/31/31/31 spreads that were hatched in Emerald.

On Heart Gold does it matter if the Seed for my PID is in 2013 if I'm going to do IVs afterwards in 2011?

On the Pokemon summary it only shows the date the egg was received and the date it was hatched.

I just want to know if it will affect the legitimacy of the Pokemon.

On Heart Gold does it matter if the Seed for my PID is in 2013 if I'm going to do IVs afterwards in 2011?

On the Pokemon summary it only shows the date the egg was received and the date it was hatched.

I just want to know if it will affect the legitimacy of the Pokemon.
Nopes it doesn't matter.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is there any reason my post has been ignored for 4 pages?
Probably because noone knows why you're having your problem :/

Is there a certain trick to hitting split spreads on Emerald? I showed my friend the greatness of RNG the other day, and she got a flawless Bagon on frame 2391 in 3 tries. Now she's going for Larvitar, and I suggested frame 2285, but she won't have the 29 sp. def. Would it be wise to aim for 6274S, or should she just go for frame 15117? I know the guide says not to exactly try to hit split spreads, but I've noticed in the Discuss My Pokemon thread there are quite a few 31/31/31/31/31/31 spreads that were hatched in Emerald.
None of my flawless Emerald hatches used split spreads. My first one did make use of Alternate Inheritance though.

None of my flawless Emerald hatches used split spreads. My first one did make use of Alternate Inheritance though.
Actually, I think rejecting eggs and then having a new one generated changes the method. It works for me.

I'm trying to RNG for a Shellos in Platinum using Sweet Scent in grass.

I hit my seed and started doing journal flips, my target frame is 53 so I did 25 page flips and advanced the frame to 51 before I used Sweet Scent. The problem is that I found a buizel which should appear on frame 308 so yeah, way off my target frame!

What could've gone wrong? There were no wandering npcs/weather effects. Shouldn't the frames reset when you save and turn the DS off?

I'm trying to RNG for a Shellos in Platinum using Sweet Scent in grass.

I hit my seed and started doing journal flips, my target frame is 53 so I did 25 page flips and advanced the frame to 51 before I used Sweet Scent. The problem is that I found a buizel which should appear on frame 308 so yeah, way off my target frame!

What could've gone wrong? There were no wandering npcs/weather effects. Shouldn't the frames reset when you save and turn the DS off?
What seed are you abusing for?
How did you check that you hit your seed?

What seed are you abusing for?
How did you check that you hit your seed?
The seed should be C900027F and I checked it with coin flips.
When I checked the Buizels IV range in RNG Reporter it had my target seed and delay, but the frame 308.

PID: 35E4E7CB (Calm, ability 1), IVs: 31/14/31/31/31/30, seed: C900027F, delay: 628 (year: 2011), method 1: 98, J (synch): 27, J (no synch): 53, HP: Psychic 70

When I checked the Buizels IV range in RNG Reporter it had my target seed and delay, but the frame 308.

PID: 35E4E7CB (Calm, ability 1), IVs: 31/14/31/31/31/30, seed: C900027F, delay: 628 (year: 2011), method 1: 98, J (synch): 27, J (no synch): 53, HP: Psychic 70
Are you using a Synchronizer at the front of your party?
What were the IV's of the Buizel?
What Route/area are you abusing in?

Is 308 the method 1 or J frame?

Are you using a Synchronizer at the front of your party?
What were the IV's of the Buizel?
What Route/area are you abusing in?
No, I was not using a Synchronizer since the target frame was pretty low anyway.
It seems like I've lost the text file I saved Buizels IVs and such in yesterday so I'll have to do it again.

I'll get back soon when I've sorted this mess out and have some numbers.

You said the bold Togepi was from the split spread. Do you just stop at that time and hope you hit the split spread? It doesn't say what the chances are of hitting a split spread, so I don't know if it's plausible to aim for a split spread or go for a larger non-split frame.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
You said the bold Togepi was from the split spread. Do you just stop at that time and hope you hit the split spread? It doesn't say what the chances are of hitting a split spread, so I don't know if it's plausible to aim for a split spread or go for a larger non-split frame.
I never said what spread I used for it actually...

I've noticed that if you're not getting split spreads you won't get split ones as long as you just keep getting the egg and hatching while doing nothing else (same with keeping splits, and even alternate inheritance). I think that may only apply for SRs though (for alternate inheritance I'm almost 100% sure about it). If you shut off the game you might lose the splits and most likely you'll lose alternate inheritance since it's caused by the game having fallen behind at some point or something.

Since I lost the info about the Buizel I caught yesterday I tried to RNG again and ended up with a similar result.

Route 205 (Before Eternal Forest)
C900027F - Method J - Sweet Scent Surfing - Encounter slot 0 (Shellos) - Target Frame 53 - No Synchronizer

Shellos - #422 (Calm) (ability 1)
HP: 31
Atk: 14
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Spe: 30

This is the date/time/delay I chose: 22/06-2037 00.24 602
Verified that I hit my seed with the coin flips app. (T.H.T.H.T.T.H.H.T.T)
Did 25 page flips + Sweet Scent = 53

But this is what I ended up with:

Shellos - #422 (Jolly) (ability 1)
HP: 19
Atk: 24
Def: 14-16
SpA: 3
SpD: 22
Spe: 16

22/06-2037 00.24
C900027F - Method 1 Frame: 260 - Seconds 45 - Delay 602

Which is the same seed, date, year, time and delay as the seed I wanted. Is there any way to see what method J frame I hit?

Found the Method J frame for the caught Shellos and it's 185. How is it possible to end up on 185 frames with only 25 Journal Flips and a Sweet Scent(surf)?

Since I lost the info about the Buizel I caught yesterday I tried to RNG again and ended up with a similar result.

Route 205 (Before Eternal Forest)
C900027F - Method J - Sweet Scent Surfing - Encounter slot 0 (Shellos) - Target Frame 53 - No Synchronizer

Shellos - #422 (Calm) (ability 1)
HP: 31
Atk: 14
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Spe: 30

This is the date/time/delay I chose: 22/06-2037 00.24 602
Verified that I hit my seed with the coin flips app. (T.H.T.H.T.T.H.H.T.T)
Did 25 page flips + Sweet Scent = 53

But this is what I ended up with:

Shellos - #422 (Jolly) (ability 1)
HP: 19
Atk: 24
Def: 14-16
SpA: 3
SpD: 22
Spe: 16

22/06-2037 00.24
C900027F - Method 1 Frame: 260 - Seconds 45 - Delay 602

Which is the same seed, date, year, time and delay as the seed I wanted. Is there any way to see what method J frame I hit?

Found the Method J frame for the caught Shellos and it's 185. How is it possible to end up on 185 frames with only 25 Journal Flips and a Sweet Scent(surf)?
Are you moving around on the water before sweet scenting?

Are there any moving NPCs? What Route are you on?

I never said what spread I used for it actually...

I've noticed that if you're not getting split spreads you won't get split ones as long as you just keep getting the egg and hatching while doing nothing else (same with keeping splits, and even alternate inheritance). I think that may only apply for SRs though (for alternate inheritance I'm almost 100% sure about it). If you shut off the game you might lose the splits and most likely you'll lose alternate inheritance since it's caused by the game having fallen behind at some point or something.
Oh, sorry. I just assumed you used the split because I didn't think people would wait 20 minutes for something like that. So if I'm reading everything correctly, there are three "modes" of inheritance... normal, split, and alternate inheritance. The normal inheritance consists of only the regular frames, and alternate inheritance has the parents' IV's shifting backwards a frame or whatever. Now in "split mode" as I'm going to call it, does it consist of normal frames and split frames? If so, and if the split and normal frames occur at the exact same time, is it just a 50/50 chance of hitting either one?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Split is off of Normal mode where it takes half the IVs from one spread and half from the next. If they would occur at the same time (ex 1000 and 1000s) I'm not sure how often the game decides which one to give you. I've noticed that it's generally only one or the other. So if you enter the IVs of the egg you hatched in RNG Reporter on the main window (selecting Emerald Breeding (Splits) and leaving the Seed blank) it would tell you exactly what frames are possible for the spread you hit (it's fairly accurate as long as you have an idea of around what frame you hit). If you hit a split frame keep trying and if you keep getting split frames go for a split spread. I've yet to use a split spread though.

Edit: It turns out that I was wrong about losing Alternate Inheritance if you turn your system off... I thought in my heat that it would happen but I guess not because I'm not losing it. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)